08 December 2009

Thanks...

Thank you to everyone for the calls, emails and cards for me and my family during our loss. For those who don't know, my grandfather passed away last week. It was so nice to hear and read that people were praying for us, it is very much appreciated!

It's been a while since someone in our family has passed away and going through this recently has helped me put a lot of things into perspective. You just take for granted that your family and friends are going to be with you forever. You never know when the Lord might take someone from you to be with Him. It's hard to think that way but God is in control.

Here are some thoughts I've had: Don't take your family and friends for granted. Don't hesitate to call or write when you get the inclination to. Remember to say "I love you" as often as you can to everyone you can - we all need love! Don't be nervous to pass out that gospel tract or invite that person to church. You never know if that day will be their last. I like that saying "Always kiss me goodnight". Don't let an argument get in the way of love. So often, we let petty things take over our minds and hearts and we don't let the true love of Christ shine through. God can always take something sad, such as losing a family member, to help bring out positives and things to strive to change to be more like Him. He is so good, isn't He?!

To my friends (and sister Dee!) who take time to read my blog ~ I LOVE YOU!

To my Grandpa "Ski" ~ You are and will be missed! See you on the other side!
Love, Mary




1 comment:

  1. I love you, love you, love you, love you...all of you! What a peace to know that Ski is alive, pain-free and in the presence of our glorious Lord...I'm so, so thankful for that.

    You are a precious sister and a true blessing to my heart. Lots of love and many hugs...

    Dee

    ReplyDelete