Okay, I thought I would be better at keeping up with this blogging thing but to no surprise, I haven't had much extra time. February was a busy, crazy month - like most months are - but I am happy to say that I have accomplished some personal goals during this short month. At the beginning of the year, I jotted down a list of things I wanted to do and not just say them but DO them! Here's a few things that have changed in/with me:
- Prayer - I make more time to pray, more than just the breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime prayers. I talk to God while cleaning, doing laundry, doing dishes, driving and just some rare times when I have time to sit and do nothing. It's great to know that He is there always and hears everything, everything He already knows but it makes Him happy for His children to talk to him!
- Reading - I read tons more than I have in the past 3 years. I read an entire book in less than one week - and it wasn't full of pictures or written by Dr. Seuss. That is a big deal for me though. I was really proud of myself!
- Cooking - I have tried many new recipes! Thanks to Mom T and Tammy for sharing so many good recipes with our family! I enjoy perusing cookbooks and magazines for new ideas and recipes. I also buy those $5 ingredients the recipes call for, even though I only need a teaspoon, but it sure makes dinner something to look forward to when it's not the same ol' meat and potatoes!
- Use of the crock pot - what a timesaver! I love the person who invented this kitchen necessity! Before I got excited about using mine, it was in the box for a good year or more after my bridal shower but I have soon learned with busy hubby, church, growing kids, etc. that time is SO valuable and this little 'cooker' is a big help!
- Laundry - I actually enjoy doing laundry now - especially when I think of people who had to do it by hand before machines! I often wonder how a family of four, two being under two, accumlate SO much laundry but I try to do at least one load a day so I don't get behind. I am just so thankful to be able to fold big and little clothes. It's a reminder to me to be thankful to God for allowing me to be a parent and wife!
- Organization - I'm almost there! I have gone through every bin, box, drawer, cabinet, etc. in my house to get rid of that which I don't use and organize what is needed. This is a big task but I'm so close to being done. I feel better as a wife, mom and Christian that my home is almost clutter free. I want my home to be 'decent and in order'!
- Love - I love more! This relating to my children has been a very fun change in me. I used to get so stressed about cleaning the house and finishing this and finishing that, that I would stay cleaning and not play more with them or read to them or things like that. Now, if the dishes aren't done, I stop to go see what Luke wants to show me and instead of folding all five baskets of laundry, I stop and read him a book and sing with him and say "I love you" fifty times. I just can't imagine being anything but a "MOM". A "Maker Of Memories"!
- Last but NOT least is SLEEP! I SLEEP MORE! For those of you close to me, you know that I have not gotten much sleep in, oh, say the last 7 months! Zach has not been a great sleeper for me but we kept him anyways. :) Well, I worked hard a good two weeks plus and got him on a schedule that I can keep. It was hard before to keep a schedule with work, church, family things, etc. but in God's timing and vasts amount of prayer, we made it through and he is now sleeping close to 11 hours every night! Way to go, Zach!
Now about that sleep thing, it's almost midnight and time for ME to go to bed! Love to all