27 January 2012

Happy Birthday to My Hubby!

A very special "Happy Birthday" to my fifth grade crush and now my husband...

More than a catbird hates a cat,
Or a criminal hates a clue,
Or the Iranians hate the United States,
That's how much I love you.
I love you more than a duck can swim,
And more than a grapefruit squirts,
I love you more than a gin rummy is a bore,
And more than a toothache hurts.
As a shipwrecked sailor hates the sea,
Or a juggler hates a shove,
As a hostess detests unexpected guests,
That's how much you I love.
I love you more than a wasp can sting,
And more than the subway jerks,
I love you as much as a beggar needs a crutch,
And more than a hangnail irks.
I swear to you by the stars above,
And below, if such there be,
As the High Court loathes perjurious oathes,
That's how you're loved by me.
Ogden Nash
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's a very special day
Here's a Happy Birthday wish to you
This comes with deepest fondest love
From your wife and best friend too!
You know I love you
And you must know too
That my happiest moments
Are those spent with you
For when we're together
Or when we're apart
You're first in my thoughts
And first in my heart!
Love you Son hon
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment