26 April 2009

Rants and Raves - KJV

Okay, lately, I've been really thinking about the Bible and how some say " my version is so much easier to read and understand" and "mine has easy study helps" and "blah, blah, blah"... Okay, people! The God of this universe, the One who decided you were purposed to be on His earth, the One who sent His only Son to die for YOU! Why read someone else's interpretation of that love letter?

As I was hanging laundry outside the other day, I was thinking... When Sonny writes me a letter, I get SO excited! I look at it many times before opening it, looking at each side and how he wrote my name and then I slowly open it and read it real fast in excitement and then read it again real slow because I didn't take it all in the first time... and... I read it over and over and over again with a continuous smile... and I am just so happy that he took the time to write me a letter in his own thoughts and words and especially, love. I wouldn't want someone else to write the letter for him. The way he wrote my name wouldn't be very exciting and the words inside wouldn't be as meaningful. Some of the words may be switched around or missing. I would want the letter to be in every way him and only him.

Then, I thought of my Saviour.

My Saviour wrote me a very long, love letter, filled with promises and lessons and plans for me. Measly Mary. He did that for me! He wants me to know how much He thinks of me, plans for my life, how to raise Godly children, how to be a good wife, and SO much more! He wrote it all in his own words. Now, tell me why would I want to read what Joe Schmoe thinks God is trying to say? Why do people think the KJV Bible is so hard to read and understand? No one said being a Christian is easy. Put some effort into it and don't take the easy route! The KJV Bible is the one! God's love letter to you!

Since this is my blog, I can rant and rave, but now I'm done. I just feel so strongly about this and had to blog a few words about it to maybe challenge someone to read the KJV or encourage those who feel the same as I! Don't get bits and pieces - get the WHOLE truth!

Love, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment