12 February 2010

Be Thankful

It's so easy to complain, isn't it?!

Isn't that a good sentence to start with :) Today would of been a great day for me to complain. I am S-I-C-K! And, not just the little cold, sneezing here and there kind... I mean the full-blown sore throat going into the ears with knife-piercing coughs and complete body exhaustion... and, is that enough complaining?

Well, I do have a lot to be thankful for... I am alive though I feel half-dead. I did have energy enough to do changing, breakfast, dishes, laundry, dinner, baths, dishes again and even make rice krispie treats :) I had the opportunity to take a long nap while my kids did the same, thank you Lord! I got compliments on a quick dinner idea from my 3 year old who said "This is delishish, Mommy". I got hugs and kisses from my boys without asking for them - those are the best! And, at the end of a long day, I checked my email and got two very happy and exciting emails from friends. God is good even when days seem low. He is there, always taking care of us even when we have to take care of others.

My first thought today, waking up so tired and sick was "why me, Lord?!" My last thought today is "thank you, Lord!"

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be home folding laundry, with tons of Vicks on my nose and drinking gallons of OJ if you need me! :)

1 comment: