18 February 2010

Life & a recipe

Hi, All ~

Life has been pretty easy going this week. Being sick forced me to get more sleep at night and take naps so I feel pretty rested going into my weekend. I am pretty much back to normal and getting ready to tackle another load of laundry :)

Before I go, I wanted to share an easy and tasty recipe I found and tried this week. It has all normal things you would have in your pantry in case of a dinner emergency!


Chicken Fingers
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 4 oz. each)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil for frying

1. Cut chicken into 1/2 x 2-inch strips.
2. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk. Roll in flour mixture to coat well. Place chicken on waxed paper.
3. Pour 1/4 inch of oil into a large heavy skillet. Heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees.
4. Place chicken in an even layer in hot oil. Fry, turning once, for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.

*Mary Tips*
I was in a bit of a rush so I just cut my chicken in pieces and didn't focus on strips. I didn't place my chicken on waxed paper - I just started putting them into the oil as soon as they were coated and then did my batches as necessary. I fried my chicken for more like 5-6 minutes so they were more brown and crispy.

Also, you can make your own honey mustard dipping sauce by mixing 1/2 cup honey with 1/4 Dijon mustard. It's best to make ahead and let set for 1-2 days in fridge so flavors have time to blend.

Hope you like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment